So here it is… the recipe for (what my daughter calls) “magnificent morsels”. They’re sweet, gooey, chewy, moist, and warm… so easy to make that I’ve prepared some ready for tomorrow’s treat too!
– Ready roll gluten free puff pastry (or use normal all-butter puff pastry if no intolerance)
– 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil / butter
– 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
– 1/4 cup chopped pecans / almonds
– Mix the coconut oil, sugar and cinnamon
– Roll out the pastry into a rectangle
– Brush the pastry with the paste, make sure you go all the way to the edges (leave a small amount to drip into the mini cupcake tin)
– Start to roll the pastry inwards, spiralling all the way till the end so it looks like a thin log
– Slice the log into about 20 small pieces
– Drop a tiny amount of the sugar paste into the mini cupcake tray and then top with whatever chopped nuts you’re using
– Top with the cinnamon roll and bake at 150 for 20 mins
– Enjoy warm!